- Rax Ryen dislexic? J-E-S-T! Jets! Jets! Jets! #
- Laying in bed listening to my wife sleep. I should have worked on the RD tonight but watched a show about dead comics instead. #
- Why are things that are supposed to be a labor of love such a pain in the ass sometimes? #
- LaDanian Tomlinson turns 30, says he's not an "ancient old man" and will prove it. Meanwhile I'm winded just typing this… #
- I just tweeted from my iPhone while taking a dump. Instead of TwitterFon they should call this ShitterTwitter. #
- Whatcha doin'? Chewin' chocolate. Where'd you get it? Doggie dropped it. Carry on…carry on… #
- Heading home from north LA. Dreading the drive. #
- You didn't think I meant Los Angeles, did you? No, Louisiana. This is why the drive sucks. http://twitpic.com/7pyef #
- But this is my favorite stop along this road. In the foreground Mississippi in the background Louisiana. http://twitpic.com/7pyl9 #
- Waiting in the DMV trumps Wal-Mart. Child beatings, hunchbacks, miles and miles of decrepit. My new Twitter gig is off to a rousing start. #
- Man, it's hot as shit outside. Perfect weather to make excuses to avoid yard work and focus on the RotoDestroyer instead. #
It started off so elementary playground-ish. Brett Favre kicked back, feet propped on the table (What would his mother think!?) live in our living rooms, he gave the same ambiguous answers we’ve heard for months. Then he said, “shit”. OH SHIT! BRETT FAVRE JUST SAID SHIT! I admit, I did enjoy hearing it. I kind of thought that would be the “naughty” section that gave it the AL (Adult Language) tag at the beginning of the episode.
Then came Ochocinco and apparently his lawyer, Michael Irvin. Irvin spoke for Ochocinco more than Johnny Cochran for O.J. “When he said, “He doesn’t care what people think about him…” What my man is saying, while on one hand is kind of youthful…is also kind of mature.” Watching Ochocinco sit silently in his chair like Scott Peterson on the Today Show, I kind of thought THAT was going to be the uncomfortable part of the show.
Then came Artie Lange. I’m torn because I like both Artie Lange and Joe Buck a lot for what they do. On one hand, I’m like, “Oh damn! Look at the balls on fucking Artie! Holy shit! This is fucking awesome!”, then on the other hand, I’m like, “Damn! What a dickhead! You come on the man’s show and just fucking shit all over the place? Fuck you!” Wow. Right off the bat with, ‘TMZ.com is your favorite website? What’s second place? suckingcock.com?” The look on Joe Buck’s face while Artie tottered through a 5 minute tale about Jack Buck. I just kept waiting for Joe to unleash a barrage of girl slaps on his face. But, whatever the outcome of my inner turmoil, it made for some of the most intense television I’ve watched in a long time. My initial instinct was, “Ah, this is all bullshit”. That faded pretty quickly and Joe Buck screaming at Artie for attempting to light a cigarette just sealed that case with duct tape.
The “comedy” portions of this show sucked ass. Bud Selig playing Guitar Hero made me sprain my eyeballs rolling them so hard. Brett Favre was supposed to be the star and the water cooler fodder for Monday, but, to me, he ended up being the guy who you say, “Oh yeah, wow, Brett Favre WAS on that episode!” In the end, Joe Buck Live was like William Hung. Awesome for all the wrong reasons…
Update! Here’s the full segment in patchy cell phone video: